Monday, January 22, 2024

S7:E9 The One Where Our Friend Has a Dream!





Another week has passed and just like that January is coming to an end. I'm excited for the Chinese New Year and Easter preparations!


This week we had some amazing miracles. Wow I've probably been saying that for the past few months in my emails.

This week's highlights:

♡ we had MLC and talked about the 75th year of missionary work in Hong Kong. I'm grateful I get to be a part of the pioneer work! It's amazing how we are still starting this mission and still building it, it makes me feel privileged to be a part of it and thankful for the very first pioneers of this mission who dedicated their time to learning the language and although there was a big language barrier, after years of planting, through the spirit they baptized the first family in Hong Kong just about 50 years ago. Back then they didn't have a Cantonese/Chinese Book of Mormon. That's crazy! And how blessed are we now that we have it translated into hundreds of languages.

♡ we had a lesson with our friend 孙姐妹 and we expounded the Book of Mormon more with her. I've had so much fun getting to share my thoughts and teach in Mandarin. She shared how scripture study has more meaning when you study with others and I love that! Everyone has their own understanding and perspective about the Book of Mormon but when you share it with other people, you get to learn from their perspective and ideas as well. 

♡ we also had a very special lesson with Averie where she shared how before our lesson she dreamt that 2 angels appeared to her and thanked her for joining the church. We invited her to be baptized and she said yes!

I'd like to share a few insights I got during my personal study that might help some of you if you take time to read it:

☆ Determine where you are and what you need to do to be the kind of person you want to be.

☆ Create inspiring, noble, and righteous goals that fire your imagination and create excitement in your heart. And then keep your eye on them.

☆ “If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams,” wrote Henry David Thoreau, “and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”

☆ We all possess spiritual gifts. Some are blessed with the gift of faith, others the gift of healing. In the body of the Church, all of the spiritual gifts are present. In my case, perhaps one of the spiritual gifts for which I am most grateful is that I have been blessed with an obedient spirit.

☆ What does it profit us if we listen to wise counsel and do not heed the words? Of what use is experience if we do not learn from it? What good are the scriptures if we do not cherish the words and incorporate them into our lives?

PICTURES:

• mlc, could be my last who knows
• exchanges with sister wright, iranga, beltran
• whiteboard finding with sister wright
• exchanges with sister iranga + everyday branch
• our friend averie! cutie!
• with yuan jiemei + sister muge


薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY


                                                   






No comments:

Post a Comment