Monday, January 15, 2024

S7:E8 The One Where We Have a Three Course Meal

 



♡ We were finding people in West Kowloon Park  and then we started doing our studies over there and the view was just so beautiful. By the harbor and the weather was so 舒服. As we did our studies, we saw lots of people pass by and we would say hi to them but there was this one lady  we said Happy New Year to and then she stopped and recognized us! I love it when people recognize who we are. She was so sweet!


♡ We had a successful mainland baptism. I've been fasting and praying that my Mandarin would get better and oft times would wonder how come nobody was cheering me on for how much my Mandarin has improved. This week I received an overwhelming support from so many people, they probably didn't know how much it meant to me.  I got a few compliments that helped me feel so much better: "your Mandarin is so good, you need to be more confident when you speak, you sound like you have a Taiwanese accent as well. Where is she from? She sounds like my daughter, 她讲的很好,好像是中国人我们一样。薛姐妹,我记得你第一次来香港你只说两个句。你学得很快!对。她好像跟中国人一样,你没有口音" it feels nice to be appreciated and supported! I am happy that others are also able to see my growth. Sometimes you just need to hear it from someone.

♡ we had another 3 course meal with Lauren. Oh my golly! She asked if we could meet so I could translate the Filipino documents she had and I was praying so hard to understand what I was reading haha I couldn't understand anything at first but thankfully I understood most parts. She shared the realities of working with the rich. She shared how depressing it was to work in that industry and how evil people can become for money. I wish she had a happier job. But she taught us that sometimes life is just like that, you need to take opportunities because you need it even though you don't like it.

♡ Our friend Averie is doing amazing! She has been reading the Book of Mormon and saying her prayers. It amazes me how there are really just people whom God has already prepared. I just cannot understand how we talk to people in random places and then they start coming to church and develop these habits. People really are searching for something more!

♡ We had dimsum with our members and they were so sweet 🤗 I'm so grateful for all of the members and relationships I've built on my mission. Hong Kong has a special place in my heart! A place of learning, humbling, love and discipline. 

I've been studying a little bit more about fasting. Sister Wright and I set a goal to fast every week for our friends and our area.

“What we do is nothing but a drop in the ocean,” she would say on another occasion. “But if we didn’t do it, the ocean would be one drop less [than it is].”

“Are we not all beggars?” Don’t we all cry out for help and hope and answers to prayers? Don’t we all beg for forgiveness for mistakes we have made and troubles we have caused? Don’t we all implore that grace will compensate for our weaknesses, that mercy will triumph over justice at least in our case?

PICTURES:

♡ Hong Kong harbor
♡ sunset
♡ scripture study by the sea
♡ appetizer
♡ main course
♡ dessert
♡ Reese sy, that's literally me
♡ dimsum with 李和赵姐妹
♡ zone pic!!
♡ dimsum

薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY

                                                  







No comments:

Post a Comment