Sunday, March 24, 2024

S8:E6 The One Where I Send My Last Email





I can't sleep! I was trying to go to bed but so many thoughts were running in my head and so much excitement and nervousness, just ALL THE MIXED FEELINGS. I woke up every 30 minutes last night and just wanted to fall asleep haha. Every time I woke up I thought it was close to 7:00am waiting for the alarm to ring. It felt like years waiting for the alarm to go on.



Everyday this past transfer has been a miracle. This week I've witnessed a sweet miracle that has helped me say "my work in Hong Kong has come to a close and I have met everyone the Lord has prepared me to meet here"

We were walking down this park in To Kwa Wan and said a prayer to kick off my last REAL find. The only Filipinas in the park that day and we went up to them and they lovingly and warmly welcomed us to sit with them and chat with them. That was already a miracle of itself. That group was kind of the talker! They chatted off our ears until they started asking us about us, in return we probably chatted off their ears haha. They started asking all these different kinds of questions about religion and it was a very open and meaningful conversation we had for an hour, answering the questions of the soul, clarifying misunderstandings they had about our church, them sharing more about their religion and all of us feeling the spirit because of the exchange of thoughts and beliefs we had. Among the 3 of them were 2 who were greatly interested and among the 2 was 1 whose husband was a member of the church. It was an amazing finding, teaching, and learning moment. My heart was full of joy remembering that I had 18 months representing the one I wear on my chest everyday, my Savior Jesus Christ. And soon I will need to take off my tag that I have worn everyday. After 18 months of wearing His name, I have His name engraved in my heart. 

In a few days from now I will be reunited with all of you. 18 months have definitely gone by way too fast but my mind and heart have been prepared to step onto the next phase of my life. I have been reflecting on a few things...

When I left home, I was so excited and curious to live in Hong Kong and try new things! I was also confident knowing I would be able to help myself live on my own and not have to depend on my parents. In Hong Kong, I've had invaluable lessons, I've shed a lot of tears, shared many laughter with others, had difficult but needed challenges and had many humbling accomplishments. Now that I'm coming home, I am even more excited to be reunited with my family again, to give you all the biggest hug and share with you everything I've learned that will show in what I have become. I feel like this is a very Deja vu moment. I think it is right to say that when I left my heavenly home, I was excited and curious to know what it would be like to live on earth and try to new things! I was also probably confident knowing I would be able to help myself live on my own and not have to depend on my Heavenly parents. In the world, I've had invaluable lessons, I've shed a lot of tears, shared many laughter with others, had difficult but needed challenges and had many humbling accomplishments. Someday I will return to my heavenly home, I am excited to be reunited with my earthly family together with my heavenly family, to give everyone the biggest hug and share with everyone everything I've learned that will show in what I have become.

See you soon!!!!

薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY


PICTURES:

• my last zone conference
• departing missionaries
• sister recoy cooked these amazing dishes for my last night 🫶🏼


                                                



No comments:

Post a Comment