Monday, January 30, 2023

S4:E1 The One Where We Have Transfer Calls!


                                                     


 

早上好!


Yes, as you can read the title of my email... transfer calls went a little crazy and I am back to the Mandarin work! As a follow-up trainer 😭 this was not how I expected to transition back to Mandarin haha I am so scared but I know I will learn so much and improve so fast.

This is my last week in Victoria 1st with sister Stakkeland. She will also be moving over to the New T's and I was so sad to find out that we were parting ways. I had such a fun transfer with her and I was able to learn so much and gain confidence in doing the work with her.

We had dinner with the Mo family last Friday and it was so cool getting to know them better. Scot Mo is someone that my brother taught for a year here in Hong Kong and he has the coolest story ever. He was just walking over in Wan Chai with his wife one day and they saw the screen outside the chapel that said "families are forever" then they came inside the chapel because they were interested in it and wanted it for their family which was the sweetest story I have ever heard. 

This week was also so busy as we were preparing 7 hours making crafts for CNY. We made a hundred lanterns and only less than half was used hahaha. We had a lot of member visits this week which was so fun to be with families and be able to strengthen their relationships with one another. I love families and seeing families here make me so happy and grateful. Being in Vic 1 has allowed me to see the different kinds of families and how even if these families seem to look so perfect, they each have their own struggles and problems.


薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY


PICTURES:

1. Hiking around Tung Chung cause the line to Big Buddha was so long!

2. Lehi babes 😗

3. Lehi district after a baptism

4. Scot Mo cheng (best cheng ever)

5. Victoria 1 + Wan Chai combined Chinese New Year party

6. With Jennifer Lam :) she is so sweet and cute

7. Some of the cutest kids in the Vic 1 branch 





                                                     






No comments:

Post a Comment