Thursday, February 16, 2023

S4:E3 The One Where I Lose my Companion

 


大家好!


This week has probably been the fastest week of my missionary life so far. We were able to see some miracles.

First off, sister Brady and I are doing an English fast right now. I have seen so much improvement with our Mandarin! This week we were able to teach the Restoration to so many people many times. I'm so scared cause at some point, I'll need to be able to learn the second lesson vocabularies and I've somehow mastered the most important parts of the first lesson. 

I have been constantly surprised by how I am able to deliver a message or continue a conversation with people. The gifts of the Spirit are working so well in our lives right now. This week a special experience I want to share is how we were finding people in the harbor. This harbor usually has a lot of people but on this day, it was like a ghost town. As we were leaving, I felt so sad that we weren't able to get any contacts. But I felt prompted to go another direction and we were pretending like we weren't gonna talk to them. I heard Mandarin and my heart was jumping for joy! We immediately turn our backs and start a conversation in which we were able to share a few restored truths. She's from China!! She asked for our contact number and so we swapped emails. 

We were also coming back from a member meal with Kiko and Kathy and as we were about to hop onto the train: sister Brady steps inside and the train starts to close and I didn't make it!! We were separated and it felt so wrong being alone hahahaha. It was a funny experience.

I've been so busy in the work recently and it feels so overwhelming. I don't know where to begin and I don't know what to do. But I have also come to love the work even more. I noticed how much love I've developed for people. I'm just so grateful to be here in Hong Kong to be a missionary. It truly is such a noble calling. It really is the greatest work right now on earth and I don't ever want to leave Hong Kong. Can't believe I'm saying that haha. The work is so hard, so draining, so stressful but I love it. Being a missionary for Christ is such a privilege. How lucky am I to be here to love and serve and help people know who Christ is!

I invite you guys to prayerfully study a talk by Elder David A. Bednar called "Character of Christ". This is my favorite talk at the moment :)

I love you guys! Let me know how your week went ♡

Pictures:

1. Huang Jing Jing: she fed us so much food and it was all so good. She's so cute!

2. Shau Kei Wan

3. Kathy and Kiko member meal visit 😊


薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY

                                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment