Sunday, December 11, 2022

S3:E11 The One Where We Have a Christmas Party

 

大家好!

                                                 



Hello friends and family, I now have a new compy, Sister Stakkeland! She's from Washington State and she's an absolute cutie 💗 She's a theatre kid so I'm very lucky that I get to hear her sing everyday. She's so talented!

This week my heart broke as I said goodbye to sister Rucker. I was so sad to see her leave but I'm happy that I got to spend an amazing 2 months with the most fire missionary here in HK! 

I'm enjoying my 2nd area, it has been wonderful getting to know some of the friends that we have here in Victoria 1. This week we were able to talk to lots of interesting people. It's fun getting to call people who speak English because you get to understand the interesting things they share.

One of the people we called this week was Rachel. We think she's from UK because of her accent and we had the most interesting conversation with her. Rachel loves art and she shares about Mona Lisa and Da Vinci. The call gets more interesting as we talk about God and she believes that God is a woman and that Mona Lisa is God. Me and Sister Stakkeland start looking at each other haha then she starts to share about how when you look at Mona Lisa's painting carefully, you can see how her eyes are always looking at you wherever you go. It was so cool when Sister Stakkeland related this to how God is aware of His children and is always looking after us.

This week we had a branch Christmas party! It was so so fun and we got to listen to children singing and performing. The food was 很好吃! The members gave us all the leftover food and treats after haha, it was a lot of food and we had to carry it all the way home. While we were at the Christmas party, our friend Srinija, from India came!! Srinija is someone that the missionaries taught a long time ago and she likes talking with missionaries. I had a special experience of talking with her and getting to know her more. She shared to me how she thinks prayer and reading the scriptures make her happy and bring her warmth in her life. She also shared to me how she felt so lonely away from her family and that coming to the Christmas party made her so happy! 💗 She is so special and has such a sweet spirit.

This week was a great experience of learning. I have an awesome step momma sister Stakkey! One thing I learned this week was that we are all going through tough times and thinking of how others feel will help you lighten your own burden. "Forget yourself and go to work" is something they always say but so true!

薛姐妹
XUE JIE MEI
SISTER SY

                                     


No comments:

Post a Comment