Sunday, October 2, 2022

S2:E1 The One Where I Feel so Homesick

 

 Hi everyone! Elders and Sisters!

This week has been so tough. When we flew to Hong Kong, me and Sister Diaz were with Sister Miralles who was also assigned to Hong Kong but got reassigned temporarily. When we arrived in Hong Kong, we had to stay in the hotel for awhile which was a super nice hotel haha but Sister Miralles wasn't feeling so well until we learned that she had COVID. It made me so scared since I was with her the whole flight. We have to take swab tests everyday until October 6th.

I miss the MTC so much, I feel so homesick everyday. I miss being with a group of Filipinos. I'm still trying to understand American humor hahaha. I'm enjoying my group but I still miss being with super warm Filipinos! I miss laughing so hard but I guess this is the real missionary work!

First Area: WAN CHAI

                                                      


We haven't got the chance to meet members yet since Hong Kong is super strict. We can only enter chapels and restaurants after today! We have to scan QR codes so they can track if anyone got COVID in the area. 

My trainer is sister Rucker from Bountiful, Utah. She only has around 2 transfers left. She walks so fast, but I feel like it's because she's tall and has long legs haha. I don't really understand what people are saying yet but I know it'll come. I had the chance to talk to 1 girl in Mandarin the other day, she is from mainland China. So they come here to Hong Kong for work. Kinda cool that they go back and forth đŸ˜… We are also talking to a sweet lady called Li Cai Hong. She speaks Cantonese but knows how to speak Mandarin. She loves talking and sharing, we tried to set a lesson with her yesterday but she didn't answer the call. Might be busy working or going home from work.

                                                 


It's scary talking to people here since everyone is so busy! Hong Kong is really busy. It's amazing getting to say äœ ć„œ to everyone on the streets, some people aren't interested to say hi back, some people get so happy when we greet them, some people have a light or spark in their eyes. I'm excited to find people to talk to this week. My goal this week is to try to speak to at least 3 people in Chinese. I'm doing my best to improve my Mandarin.

We also had sacrament through Zoom since we can't enter chapels yet. I couldn't understand everything hahahaha but I love that I understand how the members here in Wan Chai testify of the happiness they feel by attending church, they testify of prayer and scripture and of God's love.

I'm excited to learn more and improve! You are all always in my prayers, keep me in yours too! Shout out to my batch in the MTC, I know you guys are having a hard time adjusting too. Just keep praying for strength, let's overcome it together! đŸ˜­ Keep crying until you run out of tears hahahaha. 抠æČč everyone! See you in the next email đŸ˜Ž

Sister Sy
XUE JIEMEI
è–›ć§ćŠč

                                                







No comments:

Post a Comment