Tuesday, September 27, 2022

S1:E3 The One Where We Prepare to Leave for Hong Kong

 

Hey everyone, how's your week?


This week has been challenging and spiritual. I'm gonna keep this email short since we're kinda busy and have to get a swab test in awhile for our flight to Hong Kong tomorrow.

The past few days were a little hard for me to learn how to be patient with my companion. I had to learn how to accept who she is and to love her for who she is. My patience was really tested but I didn't want to quarrel with her of course, I needed to learn how to humble myself and adjust. It reminded me of almost all the topics of the devotionals, that we cannot control people's thoughts, actions, or who they are but we can control how we react and respond to them and the situation with love. 

                                                                             

 

I invite all of you to think of a Christlike attribute you wish to obtain. Mine is PATIENCE!! Because I barely have any haha. We can all acquire it together so we won't feel so alone. Let me know what Christlike attribute you want to achieve for this month or week, and let's work on it together!

Our devotional last night was cool with an area seventy. I learned that we are all like emergency lights. We are the bearers and sharers of light to those who have little to no hope in times of darkness. I forgot his name, I think it was Elder Melecio and his wife? I didn't really hear his name.

We got to call some people this week who strengthened my testimony. I'm grateful for people who trust us and share with us about how they are feeling. One of the sisters we called, sister Pacheco, speaks in Bicolano. I didn't understand what she was saying, only my companion did. But the gifts of the Spirit is real. When you have the heart to listen intently, the Spirit will help you understand what they mean. I felt her love for her son who is serving a mission right now. I also felt her love for God and I know she felt the Spirit because I can see it in her eyes!

Listening to people's testimonies is something I discovered I love doing. Not only does it strengthen my testimony, but it allows the Spirit to work with me because the Spirit helps me feel and understand their love. The Spirit also helps me know what to share. 

I'm learning to love and love the work!

Sister Sy
XUE JIEMEI

                                                






No comments:

Post a Comment