Monday, October 24, 2022

S2:E4 The One Where It's All Green

 


大家好!


                                  

                                                               

How has everyone's week been?

This week went by great! Many interesting things and cool stories happened. I just want to share a few experiences I had while doing missionary work.

☆ We were invited by one of the members to have dinner with her and her daughter. 李姐妹 and her daughter, Sunny! They have super cute dogs, Snooby and Ophelia, a bird named Mango and a gecko. Interesting home! I got to know them a little more and we were able to share a scripture about gratitude. After our visit, we had to take a bus going back home. We aren't really familiar with buses since we always take the MTR which led us to stopping somewhere in West Kowloon which isn't in the Hong Kong Island (my zone). We finally got to the MTR and was waiting for our train to arrive. While waiting, there was this Cantonese lady who was screaming at a guy. She was taking videos of him and I thought the guy did something bad to her. When our train arrived, we approached the guy and asked him if he was okay. He explained to us that this lady always stayed at the MTR and had always shouted at random people. He was super grateful that we asked him if he was okay and we got to introduce ourselves as missionaries and he asked how we do our work here! We stopped at the wrong stop but was able to help a person who needed comfort and a friend! 😊

☆ One of our train rides going home, I recognized a lady who sells fruit at a market in Wan Chai. I waved at her and she was so confused and even removed her earphones hahaha just to talk! She said sorry she doesn't know me 😆 and I said you don't know me but I recognize you! And she didn't understand a thing I was saying and there was a person behind her who started translating for me. His name was Donald! We got to talk to him more and introduced ourselves as missionaries. He said he doesn't have any religious beliefs but asked us where our church was and we gave him a leaflet and he even said sorry that he couldn't come on Sunday cause he had an exhibition but that next Sunday he would be able to visit! It's nice to see and meet friendly people here at Hong Kong! I hope Donald would be interested in learning, I have a feeling he would really be :)

☆ Yesterday, Sunday, our friend Camille came to church!! We gave her a call and a few minutes later she messaged and said she overslept and was coming ASAP! She got to sacrament and relief society class and I love how the members just embraced her and didn't make her feel out of place. The relief society are really great member missionaries! When we finished the 2nd hour, she said she couldn't stay any longer but we walked with her to the train and she right away asked, "how do I recognize the Spirit? I'm so confused! Maybe the Spirit isn't in me". This question came from a person who doesn't have any religious background, it was her first time attending church but the Spirit was so strong with her. She was asking about how the Spirit speaks to us when we make choices. It really is true when they say that Heavenly Father has prepared people already, you just have to find them. We extended an invitation to be baptized and she said yes! We're so excited to be able to teach her the lessons and just guide her and help her learn more. We're so happy that she has the desire to be baptized! We hope we can help her grow her desire!

Please help us pray for our friends, Linzhi and Camille to do their daily prayers and scripture study so they will be able to recognize the Spirit in their lives!
   
                                                            



No comments:

Post a Comment