Monday, February 12, 2024

S7:E12 The One Where I Say See You Soon to 文

 


From the title.... yes! Sister Wright just left 😭 we ended the transfer and her mission strong. She was so busy these last 2 weeks and I was happy to see her lose herself in the service of others. I'm so so so grateful I had the wonderful opportunity to be her last companion, I learned a lot from her and have seen all of the miracles happen because she chose to come on a mission and chose to be a missionary. The mission and the people of Hong Kong have been blessed including my own life because of a single decision she made. It was a bittersweet goodbye, I was crying during the sacrament yesterday as she bore her powerful testimony both in English and in Mandarin. As we prayed to end the meeting, I cried even harder because I realized it wasn't just her saying goodbye to people but me too.


I'm approaching the end of my mission, this is my last transfer. I only have 6 weeks more! I will still be STL but I will be leaving the Mandarin work once again haha. Every time a new mandarin missionary comes, I always get kicked out 😂 but no worries! I'm going back to my old area again haha, Peninsula. My last area. I'm thrilled and have been thinking of many different ideas on how to strengthen the ward and area. AH!!!!! My last area!!!!! The time is coming so soon. 

Some things that happened this week:

♡ We had a member meal with Huang Jingjing. We started talking about her experience as a mother. I love how she shared that at first it was hard to raise kids and love them but she shared how through time she's developed more love for her kids and said "I think my children's love for me surpasses my love for them". I love that! Mom and dad, I probably love both of you more than you love me. I am grateful for you both everyday :)

♡ We also had a Cantonese cheng and we tried some interesting food. They wanted to feed us pig skin and pig feet. No, I didn't try it, I was too scared!! The whole time they were speaking in Cantonese and we didn't understand a whole lot but it was fun hahaha felt like I was in training all over again.

♡ We had a Cantonese lesson and we tried sharing our testimonies in Cantonese. It wasn't too bad! It was super fun and our temporary companion sister Davis gave us a wonderful opportunity to try bearing our testimony in Cantonese. SO FUN!! So lost and confused but so FUN!!

♡ Sunday morning, sister Wright's mom and dad were at church and it was so fun seeing her seeing her family after so long. She was SOOOO happy!!

Ahhh. My last Sunday in Mandarin. So bittersweet, I couldn't control my tears saying goodbye to some members. I hadn't told anyone I was leaving the branch for my last transfer so that was so hard for me. I wish I stayed for my last transfer but I don't feel bad! I felt peace when I found out I was going back. But my heart belongs to Wanchai forever ♡ there's no going back anymore haha.

Oh also..... I have a fun experience to share on my mission now. I fell really hard while biking in Tai Po haha


薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY




PICTURES: 

♡ Sister Xiong's parents
♡ Averie, ahhh I will miss her!
♡ Zhu Mei Zhen + Judy
♡ Comps/trio for a week!
♡ Cutest pohpoh ever, she grabs on to our arms so tight lol
♡ Might be my last meet with the Huang family
♡ Huang Jingjing
♡ Kiko + Kathy 
♡ Near to death experience




                                              









No comments:

Post a Comment