Monday, December 4, 2023

S7:E2 The One Where I Have My 3rd MLC



 Heyo!! 你们好


This week we went to Tuen Mun and I got to ride the light rail for the first time. We visited the Jeffries family and they were so cute! They have super fun children and are all so smart, we just started our Christmas themed spiritual shares so that has been so fun asking the families to do a little Christmas bingo and start feeling the Christmas spirit!

We had MLC this week and the topic was about "What would Jesus do in missionary work?" I absolutely loved the whole training that President Chan gave and how he invited each of us to study the 4 gospels and correlate it to our missionary work. 6 months ago I started my "Character of Christ" book and I haven't been doing very good at updating that but this training has helped me get back at updating this book that helps me learn more about His character and how I can integrate it into my own life and missionary life. 

I had an exchange with sister Beltran. She just arrived to the mission! And she's super cute and already such an amazing missionary. She's from Aklan and speaks 5 different dialects. It was so fun to see her work on a goal to talk to more people and build her confidence. We got to see a lot of miracles during our exchange and she definitely carried me during that exchange!

We had some fun miracles yesterday too! We had a friend come to church, we got to visit a less active and she welcomed us into her home (big big miracle), and then we met a lady in the MTR who was a former young women president but hasn't been to church because she married someone from a different religion. It was really sad because she seemed like she really wanted to come back but can't, she literally said "love is stupid" 

Some things I learned this week: this is not our time, this is the Lord's time, you don't find time for yourself, this is the Lord's. 

Patience in all things and always keeping others in your thoughts and prayers. 


薛姐妹
SISTER SY
CHINA HONG KONG MISSION


PICTURES:

• abbie!
• jeffries fam
• MLC FEAST WOOOOO
• apartment christmas spirit lol
• exchanges with sister beltran

                                                   






                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment