Monday, November 20, 2023

S6:E11 The One Where I Move to Kwun Tong



早上好!


On Tuesday we went to Whampoa and met with our friend Merlyn, she came prepared... prepared to give back the Book of Mormon. It was my first time to have it returned to me and I was a little sad and she started explaining why she gave it back. We had a powerful lesson about how Heavenly Father has always called a prophet so he can communicate to us. We testified of living prophets and we know she felt something, even if she may not recognize it or accept it, we know she felt something. 

We went and explored a new area this week in Lam Tin! It was so cool and breezy, winter is starting! We tried to find some Filipinas and wasn't super lucky until we found 1!!!! And she was willing to talk to us. God really does prepare people who will talk and not reject us. Just like how preach my gospel has said.. find them that will receive you.

Javis and Gavin came to the after school activity again and I told them I was getting transferred. I was so sad to say goodbye!!!! But I trust that Heavenly Father has prepared a wonderful plan for those 2 little boys, it has been a pleasure to witness some seeds get planted. The light of Christ is in every child of God. I asked them if they'll miss me and they said they would and it was so funny cause I asked Gavin if he loved me and he said he loved the 2 elders. He said "I love Messi and Ronaldo" since he calls the 2 elders that name. And I asked "what about me?" and then he said "I love you, Messi and Ronaldo" 😂 it was soooo cute. People. I love people!

We had a fun surprise for Sister Iranga's advanced birthday celebration. Since we knew we were all leaving, we decided to have a special apartment home evening. We got the transfer boards and sister Alvez announced it this time. Sister Olongayo was called to be a trainer, sister Iranga was moved to the everyday branch, sister Cuyan was called to be the new STL of our zone (that's my comp laaa), I was moved back to Mandarin work. 

On Sunday the peninsula branch did a little bye-bye party for the sisters who were leaving and saying goodbye to the sisters was hard but I know I'll get to see them again. I've developed some good relationships with the members and I was happy that leaving was hard cause I know I've done some good here. 

My new companion is sister Wright, wow finally! We were both trained at the same time and I now have a chance to work with her and get to know her a little bit better! We also moved to a new apartment together in Kwun Tong. It's a little bit like the province, it's quiet, not a lot of people, lots of Cantonese people so it's been fun! We talked to a bunch of Mandarin speaking ladies and it was nice to see the tender miracles of getting to move to a new place and meeting our neighbors. 

XUE JIEMEI
薛姐妹
SISTER SY

PICTURES:

• brother tsang our wanchai security guard
• javis + gavin! SAD TO SAY GOODBYE
• happy birthday sister iranga!
• happy birthday daryl!
• byebye sister hei and sister ro
• cute doggo
• byebye party from members
• packing tingz
• zone
• sister wright! new companion from canada
• the new frozenland in Disney YAY


                                                










No comments:

Post a Comment