Monday, June 19, 2023

S4:E21 The One Where I Pick Up My New Companion

 



早安!


This week started crazy, I was supposed to pick up my new companion on Monday but then their flight was delayed and so it was postponed to Tuesday and then they missed their flight so it was postponed to Wednesday. 😅 Those few days gave me more time to prepare myself haha

☆ My new companion is Sister Liu!! She's from Georgia and she's the sweetest. She is Peruvian-Chinese-Japanese-Spanish haha it's so cool!! She studied illustrations in BYU before coming here. It has been a fun first few days with her, getting to see everything again from a trainee's perspective: doing missionary work for the first time, saying hi to people on the streets, kneeling down to pray and talking to people. It's also been fun knowing that she likes k pop and k dramas haha

☆ We took sister Liu to the cooked food centre for her first meal in Hong Kong together with the district! She looked a little lost and confused. And then at night we went to the Li's house and had barbecue together. I was so impressed by sister Liu's courage to speak in Mandarin and try her best to talk. She didn't know any Mandarin before her mission but she was really brave for trying to share her thoughts about a Book of Mormon chapter. I know she's going to be a really wonderful missionary! 

☆ We went to Yuen Long to pick up Sister Liu's HK ID and it was POURING RAIN SO HARD!! It was the worst, I have never experienced rain like that. Our shoes and dresses were so wet, we were soaked. But this is missionary work and missionary fun haha if I had not been a missionary I would've been so upset but we were so enthusiastic about it. As we were on the way to pick up the HK ID, there was a member who saw us and helped us. Small miracles!

☆ Took sister Liu to her first finding and she did great! We went to the harbor and we talked to David, he was a security guard and he was so nice to us. We talked about the different religions in Hong Kong and how people with religions are so nice. And then we met another girl from Guangzhou and she was so nice and a simple hi led to a selfie hahaha and she even gave us a hug. She was so nice but we probably will never see her again here and get that picture 😭 we really just meet a bunch of people and sometimes will never even get the chance to see them again...

☆ We had a really really nice lesson with Lilly!! We watched a general conference with her and Huang DX and JM. So grateful for her desire to learn even if sometimes she doesn't understand. She's so awesome! She even participates in the Sunday school lessons. Love her!

☆ Had an exchange with Cheng jimoi and again we were soaked lol. The rain in Hong Kong is craaaazy. We celebrated Sister Ro's 1 year OH MY GOODNESS. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!! Time flies so fast. 

☆ We had a 3rd lesson with Cindy and almost put her on bap date. We asked her to pray about it and think of a date between July or August. She has the best questions and understand the lessons so well. She even wants to become a missionary and is really serious about it. She wants to be baptized and has so many questions about missionary work. She's amaaaazing. We also made some fun lamps with her haha

☆ Church was so fun! We had another YSA activity and Cindy had so much fun. We went to see the ducks after and read the Book of Mormon together. It was sooo sweet! It was so cool to spend time together with her and read the Book of Mormon together and hear her thoughts. And it was so cute seeing her chase all the dogs hahaha

☆ Went to Victoria Park to find and got to talk to 2 Indonesians! They were both so sweet and we went home bringing lychee cause one of them insisted us to bring it home hahahaha what a fun life we live 

I was studying Ether 12 this morning and loved what I was studying. This account is one of my favorite parts in the Book of Mormon as I study about the brother of Jared and Ether too.

26 And when I had said this, the Lord spake unto me, saying: Fools mock, but they shall mourn; and my grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness; 27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

"Fools mock but they shall mourn. My grace is sufficient for the meek, that they shall take no advantage of your weakness" I love this! 

PICTURES:

• sister Liu!!! 🥳
• sunny + barbecue
• snooby the dog!!!
• ofc a mcdonalds selfie
• the ducks have arrived to hk!!!
• yayyy ducks
• welcome the chkm yayayay
• ciao foreva sistah rich :( 
• happy 1 year ro!!
• cindy + ducks weeee
• wury, the indonesian who gave us lychee hahaha

XUE JIEMEI
薛姐妹
SISTER SY

                                                  










No comments:

Post a Comment