Monday, May 22, 2023

S4:E17 The One Where We Have a Mission Tour

 




早安!

No way it's already gonna be June in like 10 days. I'm hitting my 9th month mark in June 9. That is crazily a little bit too fast. It's also been a year since I opened my mission call.

Now I wanted to take the time to reflect on my mission call. MY mission call. I still remember the day I opened my mission call, I woke up at midnight cause I was anticipating for it to arrive and I knew I was gonna receive it one of those days that week and so all I could think was my mission call. Where will I be going? Will I really accept where the Lord wants me to go? Will I be disappointed with the outcome of my call? Am I ready to preach the gospel to a people? These were all of the worries that I had in my mind. I remember waking up in the middle of the night and immediately checking my phone cause I just knew! And I was right! I got a text that changed my life. I was shaking as I read it alone not knowing where I was gonna go. And then I read China Hong Kong Mandarin speaking. The first person I could think of was of course Jayzon. The same night I woke mom and dad to tell them that I GOT MY MISSON CALL AND THAT I WAS GOING TO HONG KONG!!!! Now a year ago, that mission was special to me but a year after it means so much more. My mission call never changed but the way I understand it has so much more meaning now. I want to focus on one of the sentences that all mission calls contain. 

"Greater blessings and more joy than you have experienced await you as you humbly and prayerfully serve the Lord in this labor of love among His children." 

The promise is true. I am living and experiencing the same blessing that was promised to me a year ago. This work is truly a labor of love. A year and a half of meeting people who I would have never met unless I decided to be here. It's been 8 months of becoming more like Jesus, developing Christlike attributes especially in the hardest times. I look at people I've been serving and serving with and I'm amazed by how much love I can share and have for them. I've had 4 different companions who I've learned to love in different ways, and because of them I've seen Christlike attributes that I wanted to develop myself. All of my companions have taught me very important lessons and traits that every disciple of Christ should have. Not just missionary traits, but who you really are and who you are becoming. This call to serve is so special even if the one soul you help is yourself. This mission is definitely not what I wanted and expected, everyday is a day I repent and change and it's very uncomfortable but this is what Heavenly Father knows I need in order to become more like Him. 

Anyway! More about highlights of my week. Did we even find people this week? We barely did haha! We were out teaching and baptizing people just how the Lord wants us to. Let's start with Tuesday 🏋‍♂️

☆ we had a chance to go to the temple and I saw LeAnne, Laurice and Mon Sabado. So happy to see familiar faces here. They were on vacation and took a trip to the temple. It's also so happy to see that LeAnne was here cause we were supposed to serve together if she wasn't reassigned. So glad she got to visit her original assignment. And then we got to visit Kiko and help her learn English. She said she wants to go to Cebu to learn English and so now I'm on an errand to find her a school, housing and all that haha. 

☆ we had lunch with our friend Lorraine. We met at the Chapel and ate at the gym. It's the perfect place to eat and teach haha. We thought all our plans for Wednesday were going to get cancelled cause there was a rainstorm. As we were walking to the Chapel, the rain was already pouring but halfway there it suddenly drops like so much harder and we had to run. But we said a really sincere prayer that the rain would stop so that all of our friends could make it to church. And it did stop! So our friend Lorraine made it to church, and also our friend Kris was able to go to church. So it was all part of God's plan for all of our plans to happen. So so happy the rain stopped. 

☆ we also had a fun lunch with Sabrina. And she was like "yeah I don't really have interest in learning about Jesus Christ. I just think you sisters are beautiful and I want to hang out and be friends with you." Haha so that was really interesting and funny cause there really are people who just are interested in you and not what you believe in but that's okay. So we taught her how to pray and she said she would try cause she doesn't really know anything about church or religion. And then at the same time we went to church with her so we could show her what church was like. We also had Cindy come to church together with us and we had an awesome lesson with her and the senior missionaries. She had so many good questions and all the missionaries were just in awe of how awesome she was. And the lesson literally lasted for 2 hours haha. 

☆ we had a mission tour / zone conference. We had Elder and Sister Homer lead the tour and it was so uplifting. All the good lessons and skills that they taught us were really applicable. It was my first time joining a mission tour so that was an interesting first time experience. 

☆ we had another mainland baptism. We helped Bao Xue Qing and Huang Zi Yu. As we finished the first 3 lessons, we had a lunch break and then there was a guy who gave us a pin from Taiwan. And so I had to ask him which part of Taiwan he was from. He said he was from Taichung. Whaaat. So I told him my brother served in Taichung a few years ago and I showed him a picture of my family. He said he didn't know Brent but he started pointing at Jayzon and said he knew him. So it was just so cool that he knew Jayzon but it gets funnier cause he called him ☠️ 

☆ Sunday was crazy. We went to church 3 times and took the sacrament 3 times hahaha. We went to Mandarin sacrament for the 1st hour and then we went to Island branch and then we had another sacrament with President Lund. It was a cool experience! Our friend Eason got baptised too. He has the coolest story. When he was put on bap date, his parents who barely message him called him and asked if he wanted to join the CCP. And the day of his baptism he was detained at the borders of Shenzhen and wouldn't allow him to cross. Satan!!! But a few hours after he made it and got baptised. Yay!!!!

PICTURES:

• mission call that changed my life
• temple day
• church with Grace!
• mission tour!!!!
• cheng jimoiiiii
• baptism day woooo
• sambalod family weehehe!! amaya came to church SISTER STAKKEY
• eason got baptised
• waiting for our kids to come to class
• the guy from Taiwan <3
• some pday hiking activities yeyeye

薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY

                                                          












No comments:

Post a Comment