Tuesday, May 9, 2023

S4:E15 The One Where We Get a Golden 请

 




大家好!


☆ We went to Yau Tong last Monday and had dinner with Angel Guo. I think she missed us hahaha after kinda quarreling with her about why she hasn't had a baptismal date yet even if she has been taught for 20 years already. It's hard but agency yay

☆ We finally met Lilly in person!! CRAZY RICH ASIANS VIBES I'M TELLING YOU. So she invited us to eat at a restaurant called Coucou. It was a Taiwanese hotpot restaurant and we ate so much. I sat beside her as we were eating. And so I saw what she picked and it was $798 and she even ordered other stuff. It was a grand lunch 🙏😣 we ate a lot of seafood and tried abalone for the first time! And she introduced us to something called razor clam, I don't know if you guys know what that is cause we don't know it either haha but we shared a scripture verse after and she came to church last Sunday and loved it. Her story is just so fun to tell like how she first met the missionaries :)

☆ We had a pass off lesson for Grace. It was so hard to pass her off cause she's literally our best friend but she can't be in our teaching pool anymore but it was a wonderful few weeks seeing her progress. She looks so much happier and she was just sharing all that she understood about the things she was learning from the book of Mormon and the pamphlets that she got and she even brought her friend to church and her friend absolutely loved church and they were both just so cute. I'm so excited for her baptism and all the blessings she can get after that

☆ I got sick last Friday from working under the heat and going to an airconditioned room haha it felt so weird being in bed the whole day but it also felt like a vacation getting to sleep in bed all day haha it was so bad though cause I felt so bad for everyone around me cause they needed to take care of me and stay with me but yeah I'm grateful for apartment mates who can cook for me :>

I think that's about it for this week I don't really have a lot to share for this week haha one thing I've learned this week is that I can't do anything with the results of our efforts because this is the Lord's work and not mine. I'm just here to assist Him and this whole mission is still a gift to me cause I get to see and know what it's like to work with the Lord as my boss. And I get the best perks by being in the front row seat and seeing all the miracles. 

PICTURES:

• hotpot pictures!!!! <3
• less active work yay 😊
• Kate he yay Japanese food yay
• passing off grace hahaha sad ahahshsh
• mango juice SO GOOD
• finally tried love rice noodles in front of our apartment
• did our studies in the library weee

XUE JIEMEI
薛姐妹
SISTER SY 

                                           









          

No comments:

Post a Comment