Sunday, October 15, 2023

S6:E5 The One Where We Have General Conference Woohoo!

 




大家早上好 !


Rainy Monday here in Hong Kong. We were stuck in the apartment again for a day because of the typhoon and black rain. I would say it was kind of a blessing in disguise for the us missionaries, we were instructed by our mission president to stay home and watch all 10 hours of general conference. It was a spiritual time and also a spiritual battle trying to stay awake and sane at home. 

• on Wednesday we had exchanges. I exchanged with Sister Sevilla and we got to teach Abigail! When she arrived I introduced sister Sevilla to her and we started talking and catching up and also following her up with her Book of Mormon reading. She said she listened to 4 chapters! We were so happy and excited when we heard that. I was trying to stop the conversation so we could start and say a prayer but instead she stopped us and realized we didn't say a prayer. So that day she finally offered and agreed to say the prayer. Wohoo! Change! Progress! So good! As we walked to the bus stop we saw this man and I saw he had a picture keychain of a little girl so I asked if it was his daughter and it turned out that he was Filipino. He said his wife was also working here. He's a driver and is very familiar with our church so we invited him. Wohoo! Families!

• on Thursday we had our transfer interview and no changes for me so another transfer here in Peninsula branch, I have a feeling I'm going to end my mission in this branch haha. It's still been a struggle trying to love the people and trying to get along with them. A sudden shift was very unexpected. A different culture, different concerns and questions but wherever the Lord needs me I will be there even if it's hard. President Chan was super chill during my interview and just spilled all the information about my zone to me so it was nice to see that it was kind of more like a friend to friend talk.

• on Saturday we were warned about the incoming typhoon no. 8 that was going to take place for 2 days so we had an excuse to go to the grocery yay and then our friend had time to go to church so we went together and we watched general conference. She had questions which was so good, she asked us what our church believes in in terms of the Doctrine of Christ. We got to share the truths with her and she shared what she believed in. I would say this was probably the best lesson I've had yet in this area. She knew a lot and she understood the gospel well. She wasn't someone who believed just because everyone else believes. It was so fulfilling to have help teach and share truths again with someone who was willing to learn. They're so fun to teach! On the way home, we didn't take our usual bus since we would have to wait 30 minutes for the next one so I start navigating our way to a different bus stop. We were running and we were tired haha and then we saw so many stairs we had to climb but when we got to the bus we met a really friendly Filipina who we invited to church. Yay! Redirection!

• we watched all of the general conference sessions yesterday. There were so many good talks I feel overwhelmed! I'm excited for the revelations and learnings I will receive as I study the talks for the next 6 months. "If you have felt the influence of the Holy Ghost today, you may take it as a sweet evidence that the Atonement is working in your life." I really want to learn more in depth about the character of Christ, I've been writing some of the characteristics I've learned about Christ in a notebook I've kept. I'm really grateful for this mission, especially for my mission president and my companions. I've experienced the sweet gift of the Atonement. I've experienced a powerful and wonderful change and transformation that would have not occurred had I not been called to this very mission at this very time.

PICTURES:

• Abigail + sister sevilla
• apartment home evening
• the clements are going home! :(
• last ZLC together
• byebye sister yip
• jhen :))
• after dc + sister olongayo + sister iranga
• kbbq with the apartment
• last zone pic with elder Jessop BYEBYE


XUE JIEMEI
薛姐妹
SISTER SY

                                                         











                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment