Tuesday, September 5, 2023

S5:E7 The One Where We Ride A Car

 



Hey everyone! Magandang umaga! Haha I'm going to have to start practicing my Tagalog now that I got moved to Tagalog work.


This week was a thrill! Last pday we had our zone pday and went bowling. Our kind ZLs treated us all to shake shack haha. It was so fun!!

• on Tuesday we went to the temple and got to pick up our new apartment mates in KLT. We have Sister Baltazar and Sister Yip as our new Causeway Bay sisters. It was so fun getting to meet them and getting to live with them for 1 week together. We had the craziest week as an apartment! 

• I had my first MLC last Thursday and I learned so much :) first my testimony has been strengthened with the fact that our mission president receives revelation for the mission which helps all of the missionaries. When I heard what the zone conference topics were about I knew that it was really for me and the other leaders felt the same way for many different reasons. Our topic for this zone conference is about effective study and protecting our language study. Two things I really need work on because I've been slacking haha. It was a whole day full of meetings and I was so tired haha after our MLC we went to Scot Mo's and the trip to their apartment was just a little crazy. We left the chapel at 5 so we can arrive at 6 and so we were chilling but as soon as we arrived at our next stop I realized it was a mini bus stop and google maps lied... the bus wouldn't come in another 30 minutes so we were like... LATE! I started navigating our way to another route because no way was I going to allow us to be late for an appointment. We couldn't find the stop that google maps was showing us and we asked multiple people where the stop was and they didn't know. We decided to say a prayer that we would find a stop and lo and behold did google maps show us another option that wasn't there originally. On our way we were speed walking to the stop and told Scot we were going to be late. A small miracle was he replied saying he just left his office. Another miracle after that was we saw Max and Livia and they helped us feel more calm. We finally hopped on the bus and had to climb a flight of stairs. We were like SWEATING and we were tired. I was also super drained from the whole meeting so it was so crazy but we finally arrived and prepared ourselves to invite the Spirit into their home. We had a wonderful, fun and a little chaotic family home evening with the Mo's. Then he and Lin took us home... riding their Tesla.... 🤭

• there was a typhoon that hit Hong Kong and we stayed inside for 2 days. I was going crazy inside I really wanted to go out. Our mission president gave us 2 hours of personal study and 2 hours of language study each day. When we were at home we ate so so so much food and our new apartment mate cooks so much good food! Then we celebrated Sister Hernandez' birthday and our 1 year mark during that time. 

• also Candice passed her interview and she will get baptized next Sunday but I won't be there!!! So sad!!! But she is doing so many amazing things ♡♡♡

• I transferred yesterday to Ho Man Tin. Feels so weird leaving causeway bay. My home for 10 months. A completely new chapel and branch. I'm so excited for the new experiences and challenges to face. Grateful for a transfer to stretch myself! My new companion sister Cuyan is from Batangas. She is so cute <3 she is so enthusiastic in the work! I'm excited to work together with her.


XUE JIEMEI
薛姐妹
SISTER SY

PICTURES:

• first mlc
• epic zone magazine pic
• sunny watching me clean and bossing me around after I volunteered to help him
• jessicaaaa
• mo fam!!
• happy birthday sistah hei
• causeway babes 1st pic
• LEAVING MY 10 MONTH HOME 😭
• mid autumn festival lanterns
• sister cuyan my new comp from batangas
• last temple pic

                                                        












No comments:

Post a Comment