Sunday, April 23, 2023

The One Where We Go To The Cooked Food Centre

 

各位早安!


☆ We went to the temple last Tuesday and had my last temple session with sister Stakkey. She leaves tonight 😭 gonna miss seeing her in this mission so much and just all the fun memories we had together. I had such a great transfer and a half with her! 

☆ After the temple we went to meet Lorainne. We ate at Paisano's and just got to know her better. She looks happier and trying to find joy despite of her struggles. She shared how after the day we met she felt more inspired. I think she found more hope in the future and seeing her grandma again. We got to share a little bit about prayer and the Plan of Salvation. We asked if she knew Jesus Christ and has never even heard of His name before. Another crazy experience! Please pray that this girl will continue finding for hope and peace through prayer.

☆ This week I have been praying so hard for Grace. I was wondering whether we should extend a baptismal invitation or not and the Spirit was just so strong and I knew we had to. As we were having our lesson I was so scared to extend the baptismal invitation because I was scared that she would say no and if she said no maybe that would make things awkward or that I would lose a really good friend but as we were sharing and teaching her with the Filipina sisters, she started speaking in Tagalog and I had to translate for Sister Brady. She started opening up again about her past and then as she started to share she talked about considering getting baptized into our church and learning more about what we believe in. It was an answered prayer! She made it very clear to us that she was interested and it made all my fears go away. It was so natural. It was also such a blessing that none of her friends came with her to church that day because it was just her and we were able to focus on just her needs. Divine arrangement! After the lesson, we went to the beach together with the Wednesday family and had barbecue together. She got a chance to meet the sisters and a chance to know the people. She kept saying thank you for inviting her and said she came home with a big smile on her face. On the way home we got to talk about her life and she was just so cute! I had to translate the whole time haha wish I could do that in Mandarin. I can't imagine not going to Wednesday church every week. We built such a good relationship with her.

☆ We were finding at KLT and got to practice our Mandarin with some people! As we were going home we were just talking and finding a bus to go home since we wanted to take the bus. And as we were talking, there was this old lady who looked back and asked us something in Cantonese. Yeah, we are literally lost Mandarin speakers in this Cantonese speaking place. Then we tried helping her so we called our ZL since he has perfect Cantonese. Not even the locals knew how to help her. But we went to the place she wanted to go to and we hopped on the bus with her. But when we got there she said okay I'm going home now. WHAAAAAA hahaha then we were so scared cause we didn't know if she would actually make it home lol 😆 and then we got ice cream to treat ourselves! She called us and kept saying "I wish you good health and peace. Thank you thank you 姊妹!"

☆ Last Saturday we had a chance to do a little fun exercise in the morning. We went to the chapel since one of the members of Vic 1 was holding a High Fitness class. It was kind of intense but it was so fun! It was like dance + exercise but not Zumba. So nice of her to hold that class for free. I was sweating so much and my muscles started to feel sore haha but it was so so fun!!

☆ We had a lesson with Liu JM and asked her if she wanted to get baptized and she had so many reasons why she couldn't. I literally don't know how to help her haha. We try to help her understand, language barrier is hard, she says she is different from everyone else and that she still has a lot to learn, she wouldn't make us speak. But everyone in relief society class was telling her to get baptized already and she would laugh hahaha I love that old lady but I wish we could help her better.

☆ We had a little lunch together with some of our members. It was fun getting to meet new people and faces and strengthening our relationship with them more. Also got to practice a lot of Mandarin. We heard a lot of good testimonies / insights from our members especially Scot Mo. Why is he so cool? I love his family so much, his children are the best and I'm turning them into my best friends!!! 

☆ I was about to cry cause I didn't know if I would make it to the departing devotional. That would be my last time for now seeing sister Stakkey. She bore her testimony and shared some of her experiences in Cantonese and she is cracked at it! So hard to say goodbye to some people who mean so much to you even if you were only together for a short period of time. Can't believe she's ending her mission already. It was just December yesterday when we were talking about how 4 months would come by so fast and it actually came really fast. 

How are y'all? Hope you're having an awesome week!

PICTURES:
• temple day!
• Uniqlo models
• with Lorainne at Paisano's! cutie <3
• HOW CAN I FORGET, our security guard in wan chai, tino, invited us to eat at the cooked food center. it was by far THE MOST HONG KONG place i've ever been to. great experience lol
• us at the cooked food center
• us with Grace!!! ♡
• smores!
• dinner at a Taiwanese place
• cheng jimoi, my favorite bundei
• brother chan, such a funny security guard
• wanchai branch!!!! 小小午餐
• SISTER STAKKEY 😭😭😭😭💔💔
• compy polaroid

薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
SISTER SY

                                                           












No comments:

Post a Comment