Monday, March 20, 2023

S4:E8 The One Where I Meet A Model

 


早上好!


What can I share with everyone this week? I don't have a lot of words to say or a lot of experiences to share. 

This week we worked with a lot of members and shared some scriptures with them! We are working with our members so we can strengthen the branch's relationship more and we want to help member's strengthen their relationship with one another!

☆ We went finding in Victoria Park for 2 hours and that was the most effective finding I've ever done in my 6 months haha! We talked to 8 people in those 2 hours and got to speak to Mandarin speaking people and Filipinos. The first one was with this lady who was exercising. We simply said hi and said her smile was beautiful and she smiled even more. Then we asked if we could exercise with her so we did and she gave us tomatoes hahaha. She even asked us if we already ate because if not then she said she'll take us out to eat. She was so sweet! And my favorite find for that day was this father from the Philippines who was working in the Middle East as a technician, his name is Nerri. We saw that he broke his foot and was trying to exercise. We simply asked him what happened and then he started sharing about how he broke his foot! Then we started talking about families and he talked about his family with such a glow in his face. You could tell that he was such a family man and he started talking about his teenage years about how naughty he was and that he has made so many wrong choices when he was little. Families are so important to people, they will easily and readily give up all other things in order to prioritize family.

☆ We met this girl during the Visitor's Centre, her name is Christina and she's from Ecuador. We invited her to game night and she said she was shy cause maybe if she came she wouldn't speak much since she only speaks Spanish. But she came!!! And we were speaking to her using Google Translate the whole time haha. Crazy! She's a model too so I thought that was pretty cool. She's super tall and she's only 17 years old.

☆ I met the cutest dog named Potato while doing Visitor's Centre. He started licking my face and it was so gross but he was soooo cute <3

☆ We also had dimsum with Zhao 姐妹 after temple and it was so good! She literally has the most perfect skin and so she was joking about how she could tell us her skincare routine. I love Zhao 姐妹 with my whole heart. She's one of the sweetest members of the Wan Chai branch and she always finds friends for us to teach. She's such a great member missionary!

☆ We went to Cheung Chau over Huang 弟兄's house and had BBQ. I tried Sugarcane for the first time and they were all laughing at me because it was my first time eating it and I didn't know how to eat it. But it was so fun hahaha! Sugarcane is such a fun food to eat 😆 he was also joking about how I can say I tried sugarcane for the first time in their place.

PICTURES:

1. Toilet stop before going biking!
2. Biking around Tai Po
3. Temple day
4. Probably my last temple day with sister Stakkey 😭 I love her so much!
5. POTATO!!!!!!!! :>
6. 赵姐妹
7. Wan chai Harbor
8. St. Patrick's Day with Jessica Yuen 
9. St. Patrick's Day with some members from the Hong Kong Island including Christina from Ecuador (girl with afro!)
10. Luke ♡ we teach him English every week, he is the cutest little kid ever
11. Cheung Chau!!!!

薛姐妹
XUE JIEMEI
Sister Sy

                                                       











No comments:

Post a Comment